Our Rich Task

Students in Year 3 have been continuing to explore how sustainability affects our lives. They have looked closely at the sustainability problems that exist in the world and what initiatives have already been put in place.

“People aren’t reusing and recycling and they are destroying forests by chopping down too many trees.” -Youshia

Students have begun to think about how they can be sustainable in their own lives. They have used all of their experiences from this term to help guide them. They are specifically focusing on how they can make a positive impact in the world.

“I can help people not to litter and turn off the lights in my house when we’re not using them.”
-Hazal

“I will make sure we don’t leave taps running at home and always use a half flush.” -Taylor

In finding out how to be sustainable, students designed their own eco friendly homes and community buildings. They designed their buildings based off of the research they had done.

“I used solar panels because they get energy from the sun instead of the burning coal.” -Omid and Ranveer