Last Friday, we performed at the 3-6 school assembly. We were preparing for a whole week! We chose a song that connected to our Big Idea of ‘POWER’. We chose a song that teaches you about the scientific method. The scientific method is an organised way to answer questions and solve problems.
ANYONE CAN BE A SCIENTIST IF YOU USE THE SCIENTIFIC METHOD! 1.Ask a Question 2. State your hypothesis. This is an educated guess of what you think may happen. 3. Identify the variables 4. Test your hypothesis 5. Collect your data 6. Interpret your data 7. State your conclusion
Each student chose a different scientist they would like to dress up as. We wanted to show that there all lots of different types of scientists that study different things in our world.
- Chemical scientists study chemical reactions.
- Zoologists study animals.
- Forensic scientists study clues from a crime scene.
- Astronomers study space.
- Chemists study medications.
- Marine biologists study sea creatures.
- Microbiologists study plants and insects that can only be seen with a microscope.
- Botanists study plants.
- Paleontologists study dinosaur fossils.
- Meteorologists study the weather.
Students researched what their scientist studied and what tools they used to help them make interesting props.
We hope you were entertained and enjoyed our performance because we did!