Investigating Rules and Laws

Today 3B & 3F were researching rules and laws in Australia. We have used QR Codes, iPads and MacBooks to help us with our research. We needed to paraphrase the information we found. Our groups were mixed between 3B and 3F students and we needed to participate to get our work done and share our ideas.

Voting

• Today I learnt that every four years you need to vote for who is going to run the country or state  – Jack
  • Today I learnt that if you don’t vote you can get a fine – Elenice

Road Safety 

• Today I learnt that road safety is extremely important because if you aren’t safe on the roads you could get seriously injured – Lilly Y
  • If a child is in the front seat when airbags go off it can be deadly – Zain
  • When you are driving you cannot look at your phone because if you are not looking at the road you could have an accident – Mason
  • I learnt today that the size of an L plate is 150mm with a black L and yellow background. There are two different types of P plates, one is red and the other is green – Noah
  • Today I learnt that Victoria was the world’s first state that said you have to wear seat belts in the car – Mia

Classifications

• The movie rating was added in 1984 because adults don’t want their kids to be watching violent movies. Kids should be watching G or PG movies with parent permissions.  –  Mahnoor
  • X 18 + is Australia’s version of R 18+ – Will
  • You need to show proof of your age when watching an MA15+ movie otherwise  you won’t be able to watch the movie – Navroz
  • MA15+ might involve drug use, swearing and inappropriate scenes – Ayaan