Our names are Kaan and Adit and for our CBL Challenge in Term 3 we were trying to improve student and teacher respect in the classroom.
We made a survey that asked if students and teachers were being respectful to each other. We saw data from Term 1 that said this was not happening. We sent our survey to the Year 4 classes and have compared how the data has improved from Week 1-3 and Week 4-6 this term.
This is what we noticed between the two groups of survey data:
- We notice there was more positive data in this survey than the last survey.
- We notice that more people said always for “How often do you treat your teacher with respect?”
- We notice that no one said never for any questions.
- We notice that most the time and always answers add up to about 75-80%.
- Most people said they are respectful by listening to the teacher.
Here is the data from our first survey in Week 1-3: student respect survey 1
Here is the data from our second survey in Week 4-6: Student respect survey 2
We are happy that the data has improved from the Term 1 data we looked at.